Customer Associate (CAs) communicate directly with customers and respond to a variety of customer needs and requests. CAs take into account resources, constraints, and organizational values as they commit to satisfying customer needs and resolving customer issues. CAs must coordinate with other NorthWestern Energy employees to find relevant information and take necessary action. CAs are
subject to call monitoring.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards and the Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy's values, mission, and strategic business objectives
- Accept customer payments and post the same day
- Balance cash drawer daily; make bank deposits
- Input and completion of service orders
- Meet or exceed performance standards, as determined by NorthWestern Energy, including time spent at workstation and time engaged with customer interactions
- Explains rate changes and bill calculations as necessary
- Administers credit program within the prescribed scope
- Listen and respond appropriately to customer needs while reviewing and entering data on a computer
- Type memos, e-mails, and other correspondence in an accurate timely manner
- Respond to emergency situations professionally and accurately by following established policy and procedures
- Perform calculations to determine customer payments and other account-related activity
- Assist customers using established policies and procedures
- Respond professionally and positively to customer complaints or inquiries
- Work effectively in a team and in close proximity of teammates
- Perform all regularly scheduled shifts. Occasional weekend, evening, or holiday call-outs in response to emergency situations.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and other confidential information
- Ensure proper entry of union payroll for bi-weekly processing
- Ensure proper coding and processing of purchase card transactions and AP invoices
- Support the new construction process through administrative SAP functions, payment processing, and service order creation
- Assist customers with local permitting requirements and basic construction standards
- Support local operations with SAP notification processing and other data entry as required
- Respond appropriately to internal requests and work across business units to ensure processes and procedures are being upheld
- Analyze and prioritize workload to ensure that all customer and business needs are met in a timely and appropriate manner
MARGINAL WORK FUNCTIONS
*These functions may be considered essential based on location and other factors.
- Make copies, send faxes, and send mail as needed
- Maintain a clean personal workstation
- Move office supplies and boxes of paper as needed
- Travel to assist in other divisions, meetings, and training (up to10% travel per year)*
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of the training program
- Demonstrate and maintain a good safety record
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and other computer applications
- Excellent attendance record
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development, and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
External applicants should apply online at http://www.northwesternenergy.com. Internal applicants should apply online at iConnect. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 1-800-245-6977, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources Department Job #3093
3010 West 69th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal or state laws and statutes.