ALPS Corporation, in Missoula, Montana, is the nation's largest direct writer of lawyers' malpractice insurance and an employer of choice. We are looking to fill our Systems Administrator position. We are looking for an individual whose skillset has a balance of people skills and technical expertise to conduct system administration tasks. You'll learn how to help customers overcome tough challenges through monitoring system performance management. This position has the potential to be autonomous and manage multiple facets of our IT department.
This is an opportunity to gain experience in troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks, including high volume and high availability systems. Knowledge of ticket systems and Microsoft365 processes would be very helpful in this role. Ability to troubleshoot problems and issues identified and implement corrective actions. Ability to unpack, move, install IT equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Manage Help Desk requests in a timely, courteous, and professional manner. Prioritize as needed.
2. Manage servers, including application, database, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
3. Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
4. Ensure network connectivity of all workstations.
5. Performing preventative maintenance, including updating and repairing of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
6. Administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
7. Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
8. Administer and maintain end-user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
9. Perform server and security audits.
10. Perform system backups and recovery.
11. Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
12. Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
13. Manage all aspects of a modern corporate technology environment
14. Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end-user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
15. Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure technology products and services.
16. Conduct research on technology products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
Besides living in a wonderful place, we do offer additional benefits to our employees. We offer employee health insurance covered 100% by the employer, 401k with a 6% match, paid time off, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, Student Loan Assistance, Tuition Reimbursement, and Continuing Education support. This position will be salaried with the range starting at $48k, DOE.
College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 3 years equivalent work experience. Technical Certifications preferred.
Working technical knowledge of network and Microsoft Windows operating systems. Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including. Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience. IT Security, Knowledge of Microsoft Office365 Suite, VMware, Telephony, Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
Strong written and oral communication skills, Strong interpersonal skills, Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required, Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language, Highly self-motivated and directed, Keen attention to detail, Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, Strong customer service orientation, Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.