This position is at Edulog’s sister company Logistic Systems (LogiSYS).
SUMMARY & OBJECTIVE:
Technical Writers are responsible for collaborating with LogiSYS teams to obtain in-depth software product understanding to produce supporting software documentation. High-quality documentation supports existing information architecture for clients as well as to meet LogiSYS's operational requirements. Job expectations include content analysis, design and production of user-friendly interface text and tutorials, and other various documentation projects within assigned deadlines.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of this position is to develop written guidance in the form of user manuals, tutorials, and training guides that gives direction to our clients on the usage of our software.
- Improves client references by writing and maintaining documentation.
- Demonstrate attention to customer needs and technical quality improvements.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text and tutorials that will facilitate end-user practical application.
- Proactively research and review all upcoming LogiSYS release notes, incorporating changes in order to update user manuals and tutorials. Track changes in MS Excel™ spreadsheets.
- Complete document production within agreed-upon deadlines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Proven ability to grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Technical writing experience related to software documentation.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel™, FrameMaker™(preferred), InDesign™, PageMaker™, MS Word™.
- An associate degree in English, Journalism, or a related field is required.
- A Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or a related field is preferred.
Background check required.
Logistic Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.