A local manufacturer is looking to add a Machine Operator to its production department! Get the chance to work with your hands in a team environment getting paid $14-$15/hour!
The machine inspector is responsible for post-press duties including inspecting, counting, splicing, and rewinding labels and packaging label orders for shipping.
- Perform rewind inspection, splicing, and label count on each label job according to company and customer specifications
- Perform any special requests required by the customer, such as core labels, unmarked cores, quantity labels, or the setting of knives
- Inspect labels for printing defects, proper registration, and color consistency according to customer and company standards; and report defects or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Operate rewinding machinery according to manufacturer’s and company’s established guidelines
- Package and prepare each label job for shipping according to specifications
- Meet rewind and shipping schedules and deadlines while maintaining efficiency and minimal waste
- Accurately complete all related logs and paperwork
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding; basic math skills and ability to use a calculator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and motivated
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments; ability to take on new tasks with enthusiasm
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency with regard to deadlines and cope with a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage details of multiple projects
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime if needed
- Must have excellent eyesight and color perception, and an eye for accuracy and detail
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and tolerate chemicals and inks used during the printing process
- Must be able to meet physical demands of the job including the use of hands/dexterity, ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, lift, carry, push, pull, walk, sit; ability to lift and move 25 pounds throughout the shift and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Excellent customer service skills
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by management at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.
Shift: Monday-Friday, 7am-5pm
For questions and answers, call or text Brittany at 406-752-0191.