The role is providing financial support and insights to the North America Application Cloud Renewals Sales organization. He/she will be a critical interface between the Finance team, Operations, and the Cloud Renewals team. He/she will be expected to leverage the global resources of the larger Oracle Financial community to gather information, analyze current and future operational dynamics, and resolve business issues that hinder success. Successful incumbents will have a business-led approach, capable of understanding key tactical and strategic decisions facing the sales management team and how financial analysis, reporting, and planning can enhance management decision making. This individual will be strongly motivated and a self-starter.
- Develop a clear understanding of key business drivers and deliver value add analysis and reporting.
- Set priorities and understand which analyses and interpretation of results will be useful in managing the business on both a regular reporting and ad hoc basis.
- Understand the upside and risk potential in the individual LOB forecasts and help to manage the business effectively.
- Reporting and Analysis: Work with both finance and business management to identify and track appropriate performance measures, key performance indicators, and associated drivers. Be proactive in reviewing information, identifying inconsistencies, trends, and issues for management. Drive consistent processes and standard formats.
- Prepare financial information and analysis for Quarterly Business Reviews. Communicate to Sales management and Finance team areas of concern and actions required to meet financial commitments.
- Drive automation of reporting.
- Key contributor in new process implementation.
- Accurately forecast bookings/renewals.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process.
- Participate in the quarterly closing process, in close coordination with global Finance colleagues.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Able to build trust and credibility between finance and the sales management team.
- Take personal ownership for the achievement of agreed goals.
- Ability to interact and influence effectively with all levels of the company and lead presentations to executive management.
- Strong knowledge/experience of Finance functions within the technology industry (preferred).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage processes, and identify cross-functional issues.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Familiarity with “SaaS” Software as a Service and Software License industry a plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (PowerPoint, Excel).
- 8+ years of relevant experience (Graduate degree equivalent to two years of experience)
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- CPA or MBA highly desired.
Financial support to business areas through financial analysis, budgeting, planning & forecasting; to facilitate decision making and future business strategies.
As a member of Oracle's finance organization, you will be responsible for providing all aspects of financial support for planning and control. Assist in consolidation and reporting of financial results; preparation of the annual budget. Gather, model, analyze, prepare, and summarize information for financial plans, operating forecasts, trended future specifications, etc.; on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis. Prepares recommendations based on analyzes. May perform revenue and expense analysis, headcount, and headcount was driven expense analysis at cost center level, tracking of product and product line revenue, reconciliation of accounts receivable, variance analysis, and ad-hoc analysis as needed. You may participate in cross-functional programs and projects.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in an area of specialization. Strong Microsoft Office skills and proficiency in Oracle Financials. Strong analysis and research skills. Ability to partner across functions. 8 years of relevant work experience. BS/BA in Accounting/Finance preferred. CPA/MBA desired.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.