- Leads purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels. Leads problem resolution for material related accounting and receiving issues
- Develops methods of business simplification for the procurement function. Participates in the development of ISO documents for the purchasing function.
- Manages activities of the purchasing group in the manager’s absence. Manages projects for purchasing; as required, monitors the cost, schedule, and scope of assigned projects. Oversees workload distribution among Buyers; trains and audits activities of lower-level personnel.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project, or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience: 2 - 4 Years
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.