Rocky Mountain Bank is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance-driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"™
The Universal Banker will be responsible for assisting customers in a dual role function. The role is responsible for providing an exceptional in-branch customer experience by handling every customer need including teller transactions, sales, and service. Utilizing a needs-based selling approach, the Universal Banker will provide solutions based on customer needs and how they like to conduct their banking. In addition, this position will be responsible for referrals to the other lines of business to meet the customer’s financial needs.
The Universal Banker will work with the banking team in attaining banking center goals and constantly striving to improve the profitability of the banking center.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates a teller window regularly to meet the needs of the banking center.
2. Provides exceptional customer service while listening for sales opportunities, explains and promotes bank products or services to customers and actively participates in the referral program, and strives to meet goals (as determined by individual bank).
3. Effectively use sales skills such as effective listening, adapting to differences in customers, identifying needs, expanding and deepening customer relationships, responding to verbal and non-verbal clues, presenting solutions through product benefits, establishing a clear difference, overcoming resistance, asking for the business, completing the sale, nurturing relationships, and establishing methods for follow-up.
4. Universal Bankers are responsible for offering and selling financial products and services to both consumer and small business customers. Follow up with prospects and current customers to promote new products and services and/or thanking customers for an existing business.
5. Maintains confidentiality in handling customer and bank information.
6. Follows security policies and procedures to prevent bank and customer losses.
7. Resolves customer complaints.
8. Maintains a detailed level of knowledge on retail products and services and conversational knowledge of non-retail products (e.g., mortgage, insurance, wealth management)
9. Works collaboratively with the banking team to achieve customer service and sales objectives
10. Actively participates in banking center sales activities
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma/GED.
2. 1-3 years of experience in sales & customer service
3. Previous teller or cash handling experience
4. Experience providing high-quality customer service
5. High attention to detail
6. Experience working in a team environment
7. Ability to count and balance cash
8. Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals
9. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time
10. Knowledge of MS Office, Windows, and ten key calculator