FYR Diagnostics is a fast-growing Missoula, MT-based biotechnology company developing a powerful portfolio of biomarker detection technologies. FYR Diagnostics’ mission is to commercialize and implement these novel technologies to enable the accelerated diagnosis of human diseases.
FYR Diagnostics is currently seeking scientists interested in obtaining Clinical Lab Specialists/Clinical Lab Technicians/Clinical Lab Scientists licenses to perform high-complexity molecular diagnostic tests in our CLIA laboratory.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Intake and prepare clinical samples for testing
- Set-up, perform and analyze high-complexity diagnostic PCR-based tests
- Operate, calibrate, and maintain clinical laboratory instrument or equipment
- Develop a working knowledge of existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and draft new procedures to optimize lab workflow as needed
- Implementation of quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) policies and procedures of the laboratory
- Graduate-level degree in chemistry, biology, immunology, microbiology, allied health, clinical laboratory sciences, or an appropriately related field
- Experience with PCR techniques and other molecular biology/biochemistry/microbiology/cell biology techniques (e.g. sequencing, HPLC, Mass Spectrometry, Protein Analysis, Protein Purification)
- Working knowledge of reagent stability and storage
- Self-starter. FYR Diagnostics is a fast-growing startup. We are seeking employees with entrepreneurial mindsets who can adapt to FYR Diagnostics’ dynamically changing needs
- Molecular science experience in the last 5 years
- Clinical laboratory, research setting, or industrial setting that performs a chemical, physical, or biological examination of human biological fluids, tissues, primary cells, or specimens utilizing molecular diagnostic techniques and methodologies.
- Experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Skills required to assess and verify the validity of patient test results through the evaluation of quality control sample values prior to reporting patient test results
- OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen Standards for Category I exposure level
- Experience with nucleic acid extraction/isolation
- Experience with high-throughput testing pipelines
- Research and Development experience
- Experience in virology or infectious diseases
Those who work with FYR Diagnostics are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels. FYR Diagnostics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are unsure if you meet the requirements for this position, please apply and our team will evaluate your resume and application to determine if the requirements are met.