FYR Diagnostics is a fast-growing Missoula, MT-based biotechnology company developing a powerful portfolio of PCR-focused diagnostic solutions. FYR Diagnostics’ mission is to commercialize novel detection technologies to help improve human healthcare with better diagnostics of human disease states, as well as eliminating vast inefficiencies in the agricultural industry. FYR is seeking to fill a Research Administrator position.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist with daily and weekly administrative research duties, such as seeking out and maintaining a database of papers, grants, patents, and potential academic/industry partners
- Assist with daily and weekly general administrative duties
- Assist with finding new grant opportunities and assisting with the preparation of documents
- Preparation of reagents and samples for experiments
- Assist lab manager with day-to-day activities
- Learn laboratory-based skills and work with an interdisciplinary team investigating novel isothermal PCR-based technology
- Work with researchers at FYR Diagnostics to execute, analyze and interpret PCR-focused experiments
- Self-starter. FYR Diagnostics is a fast-growing startup. We are seeking team members with entrepreneurial mindsets who can adapt to FYR Diagnostics’ dynamically changing research needs.
- Completed or currently enrolled in an undergraduate, Ph.D., or Masters program
- Comfortable working independently within a fast-paced working environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience with PCR and handling DNA/RNA-containing samples
- Project management background
Those who work with FYR Diagnostics are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels. FYR Diagnostics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace.