FYR Diagnostics is a fast-growing Missoula, MT-based biotechnology company developing a powerful portfolio of biomarker detection technologies. FYR Diagnostics’ mission is to commercialize and implement these novel technologies to enable the accelerated diagnosis of human diseases.
FYR Diagnostics is currently seeking Clinical Lab Specialists/Clinical Lab Technicians/Clinical Lab Scientists to perform high-complexity molecular diagnostic tests in our CLIA laboratory.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Intake and prepare clinical samples for testing
- Set-up, perform and analyze high-complexity diagnostic PCR-based tests
- Operate, calibrate, and maintain clinical laboratory instrument or equipment
- Develop a working knowledge of existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and draft new procedures to optimize lab workflow as needed
- Implementation of quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) policies and procedures of the laboratory
- Licensed in Montana under CLIA
- The applicant needs to be a board-certified Medical Diagnostic Technologist (MDT/MDxT) (preferred) or Medical Technologist (MT)/Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
- Must be certified to perform High Complexity Testing
- Experience in a clinical laboratory setting is required
- OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen Standards for Category I exposure level
- Working knowledge of reagent stability and storage
- Skills required to assess and verify the validity of patient test results through the evaluation of quality control sample values prior to reporting patient test results
- Self-starter. FYR Diagnostics is a fast-growing startup. We are seeking employees with entrepreneurial mindsets who can adapt to FYR Diagnostics’ dynamically changing needs
- Experience as a Technical or General Supervisor in a Clinical Lab performing high complexity testing
- Experience with nucleic acid extraction/isolation
- Experience with PCR techniques and other molecular diagnostic techniques
- Experience with high-throughput testing pipelines
- Research and Development experience
- Experience in virology or infectious diseases
Those who work with FYR Diagnostics are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels. FYR Diagnostics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.