Get ready to take on a very rewarding role where you will be constantly entertained with new tasks throughout the day. This opportunity will give you the independence to roll through the day at your own pace. If you love the outdoors or can stand the elements that Montana can throw at us sometimes, this is your calling! Pay starts out at $17/hour depending on experience.
Performs a wide variety of semi-skilled and skilled work in the care and maintenance of the company-owned property. 90% of this work is outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Perform a variety of daily and scheduled grounds and forest maintenance work including falling/trimming trees, snow plowing, snow blowing, etc.
- Use common landscaping hand/power tools and operate ground maintenance equipment including lawnmowers, chainsaws (please reiterate that our employee is not using one), tractors, all-terrain vehicles, snowplows, snowblowers, forklifts, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance and minor repair of all grounds keeping tools and equipment
- Carry out construction projects as well as minor electrical, plumbing, carpentry, paint, mechanical, and roof repairs to the buildings
- Keep the grounds clean by picking up trash and debris, emptying trash cans, keeping road and walkways clean; maintain grounds in a clean and safe manner
- Perform all duties and operate equipment within safety standards and procedures
- Work in a team environment
- Report all actual and potential problems including potential liability and workplace hazards to supervisor
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
- High School diploma or GED required; two years experience in outdoor grounds maintenance preferred
- Valid Montana driver’s license and good driving record required; plus ability to maintain insurability under the company’s vehicle insurance policy
- Knowledge of grounds maintenance methods and techniques; knowledge of operation and maintenance of tools and equipment used in grounds/forest maintenance
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job including the use of hands/dexterity, ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, balance, lift, carry, push, pull, walk, sit; and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to use independent judgment and initiative in daily work activities
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency with regard to deadlines
- Ability to cope with a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects and determine priority level with minimal guidance
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and motivated
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime if needed
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to build strong positive relationships with team members
- Excellent customer service skills
For questions and answers, call or text Nate in our LC Staffing Kalispell office at 406-752-0191