At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
We have an immediate opening for a Mortgage Sales Associate (Home Mortgage Assistant). This is an entry-level sales position responsible for administrative marketing and sales support to Home Mortgage Consultants, Sales Supervisors or Branch Sales Managers. This individual learns selling skills and sales processes, obtains clear directions from Home Mortgage Consultant/Sales Supervisor/Branch Manager in building and/or maintaining relationships with current and prospective clients and customers while providing excellent customer service.
Job responsibilities focus on four key areas: risk/compliance, business development, customer experience, and process execution.
Individuals in this role will:
- Inform prospective and existing customers and clients of WFHM products, programs, rates, policies, underwriting requirements, and loan procedures
- Understand real estate appraisals, title reports, and real estate transactions
- Receive customer applications and complete follow-up activities with the registration lock-in
- Perform miscellaneous duties as needed and required
- 1+ year of sales experience, mortgage industry experience, or a combination of both
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Mortgage industry experience
- Customer service experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 6+ months of experience navigating multiple computer systems, applications and utilizing search tools to find information
- Knowledge and understanding of business development and marketing
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness, and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Ability to lift 20+ pounds
- Reliable transportation