At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending businesses empower millions of customers to achieve their dreams every day. Whether it’s buying a home, purchasing a car, funding a significant purchase, or making important daily credit card purchases, Consumer Lending provides important credit products and services that help our customers succeed. The group includes Home Lending, Auto, Credit Cards, Retail & Merchant Services, Personal Lending, Consumer Lending Control, and Consumer Lending Shared Services.
The Consumer Lending team partners with other businesses across Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that help customers gain access to credit. The vision for the Consumer Lending business is to leverage technology and data to make it simple for customers to easily access credit when and where they need it. Consumer Lending serves customers across the country through our distribution network of more than 5,300 retail banking branches and Home Lending offices as well as online and digital channels.
Our Customer Account Management team focuses on the customer and strives for operational excellence in servicing mortgage loans and home equity products for our customers.
This leader is part of the Cash Management team in Billings, MT, and will manage a team of Loan Servicing Specialists with the responsibility of generating payoff and reinstatement quotes that spans both Home Mortgage and Home Equity portfolios across Default and Performing Servicing. This leader will also partner closely with the payoff team within Enterprise Global Services.
- Effectively interact and communicate with cross-functional business units and vendors
- Successfully sustain existing policies, procedures, and training materials and assure compliance with investors/insurer regulations
- Identify and analyze opportunities for process improvements both internally and cross-functionally that will improve performance and drive solutions
- Ensure all departmental productivity, timeliness, and accuracy goals are met monthly/quarterly/annually
- Develop, coach, and counsel employees, including performance management and salary recommendations
- Assist in the training of new and existing staff in departmental procedures, and insurer/investor guidelines
- Manage multiple priorities, demonstrate flexibility and implement change in a timely and effective manner
- Participate in projects and create processes and goals in line with key initiatives
- Ensures compliance with Wells Fargo, investor, legal, regulatory, or business policies
- May have direct supervision of Team Leads who provide work direction to the team
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically, you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, loan administration, collections, or sales environment demonstrated through work or military experience
- 1+ year of management experience demonstrated through work or military experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze financial metrics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to make independent judgment calls based on regulatory knowledge
- Experience interpreting and applying state, federal, and agency legal and regulatory compliance requirements
- Experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Ability to handle information professionally and confidentially
- Ability to work independently
- Customer service focus on the ability to actively listen, elicit information, comprehend customer issues/needs, and recommend solutions
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex material to a diverse audience
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Mortgage and home equity industry experience
- Experience managing a pipeline of work from assignment to completion
- Adapt to the needs of the business and deal effectively with quickly changing priorities.
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Experience with Wells Fargo servicing systems such as MSP, Shaw, Hogan, LoanSphere, ECaR, GEM, PAC2000, ICMP
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.