Headquartered in Montana with offices in both Missoula and Bozeman, onX is rooted in a passion for the peaks and rivers surrounding us. We bring our devotion to the outdoors to work daily with a singular, powerful goal; to inspire others to find their own adventures off the pavement. Through the melding of technology and passion for the outdoors we enable people to craft rewarding, dynamic outdoor experiences.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our mission at onX is to awaken the adventurer inside everyone. To help us tell the most inspiring and compelling stories about our users and our product, as well as about public land access and stewardship, we are seeking a collaborative and business-savvy Manager of Content Marketing to build and manage a team of writers and to develop a center of excellence for written content at onX. The Manager, Content Marketing is responsible for: championing great storytelling, ensuring a consistent brand voice for all onX marketing communications (onX Hunt, onX Offroad, and any future products), measuring the effectiveness of all written content, liaising with stakeholders across onX, protecting the team’s dedicated writing time, and providing writers with growth opportunities. This is a Manager-level role that reports to the onX Creative Director.
Missoula, Montana required. Generous relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
WHO YOU ARE
- Problem solver. There is a solution to every problem and you thrive in finding the best approach to conquer any obstacle in your path.
- Leader. Actions speak louder than words and you aim to lead by example. Others grow when they are around you and in turn, you grow with them.
- Innovator. “What if” - is a common statement in your life. You enjoy finding new opportunities in places others might not look at.
- Creative. Proven ability to conceptualize original ideas and execute full-scale campaigns across all channels.
Build and lead the team. Hire and lead a growing team of Content Marketers (3 currently on the team), advocating for them and mentoring them to develop as writers and as strategic revenue contributors. Inspire your team to take on new challenges, move quickly, deliver high-quality content that resonates, and feel accountable to grow the business.
- Refine our content strategy. Champion storytelling and innovation, and carve out additional creative opportunities that will drive business growth. Continue to develop brand voice/tone and narrative/editorial approach for all types of content production, to support business needs, and to engage a variety of different audiences.
- Drive high-quality, high-velocity production of content. Deliver blog posts, website/email/ad copy, SEO pages, video scripts, user and ambassador stories, thought leadership pieces, campaign taglines, etc. Serve as a role-model in writing high-quality content yourself, and lead large-scale projects or serve as an individual contributor, as needed.
- Measure content effectiveness. Utilize campaign metrics to refine content strategy.
- Enable other stakeholders. Facilitate effective collaboration of the Content Team with other teams such as Hunt and Offroad Go-to-Market, Growth Marketing, Marketing Automation, Design, Communications & Brand, Land Access, etc.
- Three (3) or more years of experience directly managing the performance of a professional writing staff
- Six (6) or more years of professional writing experience and a portfolio of engaging content
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional writing, editing, and storytelling skills paired with creative vision, strong project management and prioritization, and a results-driven mindset.
- Proven ability using analytics to determine the impact and effectiveness of content programs
- Bias-to-action and focused on results
- Thrives in an environment without a set playbook -- with all the opportunities and challenges that entails
- High attention to detail, but able to focus on the bigger picture
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels, from individual contributors to executive staff
- Ability to equally balance contributing as a writer and helping your team members grow
- A Bachelors degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or a related field is strongly preferred
- Experience as a writer in the hunting and/or outdoor industries is strongly preferred
- Experience and familiarity with high growth or start-up businesses
- Experience with SEO and/or writing for consumer audiences
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting – 80%
- Standing – 10%
- Walking – 10%
- Bending – Occasionally
- Kneeling – Some
- Lifting – Up to 25 pounds
- Reaching – Regularly
- Telephone Use – Yes
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Travel - Up to 10% (Post-COVID)
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive medical, insurance, and wellness benefits
- Four weeks paid family leave
- 401k matching at 100% the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures twice per year
- Amazing outdoor industry discounts
- Summer hours for salaried employees
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience, and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring, and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure team behavior and performance.
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
Position open until filled.
onX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to finding ways to attract, develop, and retain qualified individuals who represent the diverse communities in which we live. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.