Headquartered in Montana with offices in both Missoula and Bozeman, onX is rooted in a passion for the peaks and rivers surrounding us. We bring our devotion to the outdoors to work daily with a singular, powerful goal; to inspire others to find their own adventures off the pavement. Through the melding of technology and passion for the outdoors we enable people to craft rewarding, dynamic outdoor experiences.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
onX is seeking a Senior Strategic HR Business Partner for our growth stage startup. This role is a “hands-on” and strategic individual contributor role that will be a combination of HR Business Partner with direct client support for Engineering, Product Management, Geospatial, and Product Design teams as well as ownership of key strategic talent development initiatives. This role will be responsible for the development and implementation of onX Talent Development Programs and Initiatives designed to support our company growth. Candidates must have the ability to drive projects from strategic development to tactical implementation. This role will report to the VP, People.
Bozeman, MT required. Generous relocation assistance is available for qualified hires.
HR BUSINESS PARTNER
This role has direct client support and responsibility for developing and executing HR priorities in support of business objectives while fostering a positive employee experience.
- Be a trusted resource and advisor to employees and leaders on various HR related matters.
- Partner with managers on day to day performance management efforts, including performance assessments, coaching, advancement, and recognition.
- Coach managers and leaders to lead their teams, navigate and resolve employee relations issues, and facilitate programs that enable the development of our people.
- Work with managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balance in representing all parties’ interests.
- Provide thought partnership and best practice research on initiatives using data to support your recommendations.
- Demonstrate your ability to be as clear and transparent as possible in helping others understand how HR decisions get made.
- Facilitate action planning from various employee engagement surveys in partnership with the teams that you support.
- Develop and implement action plans and solutions in order to achieve people's initiatives and deliver results.
- Ensure consistency of application of our HR policies and procedures, and alignment of HR-related programs by partnering with peers and colleagues
- Champion and embody onX company values
- Route inquiries and questions to the appropriate individuals within the People organization.
- Other duties as assigned
PROGRAM OWNER/ACCOUNTABLE LEADER - onX TALENT DEVELOPMENT
- Research, develop, implement, and measure the long-term effectiveness of various talent development initiatives including but not limited to management development and career model frameworks. Provide continuous thought leadership to the organization on trends that may be applicable to onX.
- Identify appropriate development methodology including OJT, Linked In Learning, and external development opportunities to develop skills and competencies among our managers and employees. Use data to evaluate the effectiveness of these strategies.
- In alignment with our D, E, and I strategies, ensure that all employees have equitable access to developmental opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related is required; or in place of a degree, an additional three (3) or more years of relevant HR experience.
- Experience: Eight (8) or more years of experience as an HR Business Partner, or similar role, is required. Two (2) or more years of recent HR experience must be within a high growth, technology-focused company.
- Knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including, but not limited to employee engagement and retention, organizational development, employee relations, recruiting, compensation, performance management, and how each interrelates.
- Successful experience building comprehensive career paths and leveling structures from research and design to rollout and application
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective communicator, both written and verbal, with a talent for coaching and inspiring both employees and managers alike.
- You are a data-driven decision-maker with a focus on continuous improvement and innovative HR solutions. You thrive on collaboration and cross-functionality.
- You love technology and have experience using a range of HR technologies including sophisticated HRCM systems and Google suite.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, possess strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Domestic business travel roughly 5%
- Experience as an HR Business Partner for a fully or partially distributed employee population.
- Experience working in a start-up growth environment where the pace is quick and your responsibilities stretch between strategic and tactical.
- Possess a scrappy mindset with the ‘no task too big or small’ attitude. Ability to build structure, programs, and processes from research to implementation.
- Possess a "growth mindset". Ability to thrive in a feedback-driven environment and to be “vocally self-critical.” Possess a "growth mindset".
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting - [90%]
- Standing - [5%]
- Walking - [5%]
- Bending - [Occasionally]
- Kneeling - [Some]
- Lifting - [Up to 25 pounds]
- Reaching - [Regularly]
- Telephone Use - [Yes]
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Ability to travel - [Up to 5% post-pandemic]
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive medical, insurance, and wellness benefits
- Four weeks paid family leave
- 401k matching at 100% the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures twice per year
- Amazing outdoor industry discounts
- Summer hours for salaried employees
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience, and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring, and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure team behavior and performance.
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
Position open until filled
onX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to finding ways to attract, develop, and retain qualified individuals who represent the diverse communities in which we live. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.