WHY WORK WITH EDULOG?
Work with talented, interesting, and fun co-workers in a growing and dynamic company! EDULOG offers exciting opportunities to enhance your career in a custom software company. You will join teams that improve student transportation systems across the U.S. and internationally, most specifically by partnering with new and long-term customers whose relationships are key to EDULOG’s success. If you are looking for a dynamic company in which to expand your knowledge and experience professional growth, consider EDULOG for a collaborative atmosphere where quality customer attention and your efforts are appreciated.
SUMMARY & OBJECTIVE
As the Hardware Engineering Director, you will be responsible for the success and growth of your department as measured by client satisfaction and project completion. You will be expected to understand all telematics and GPS products used in the field by EDULOG’s customers. Your team will be an escalation point for support when it comes to these specific products.
You will need to become familiar with hardware components, firmware basics, and system integration in order to prepare for cross-functional tasks and projects with Edulog’s support, project management, and engineering teams. This role is customer-oriented, results-driven, and requires collaborative solutions. You will need to work well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Manage a team that performs integrated software-hardware quality assessment focused on Vehicle Telematics, Engine diagnostics, Inspections, and maintenance.
- Deploy telematics and GPS-related hardware that integrates with Edulog’s software. This includes LMUs, tablets, card readers, and all ancillary components.
- Oversee troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware/software issues for EDULOG’s customers in order to deliver to client expectations.
- Establish or improve processes and documentation.
- Prepare written, technical reports to identify issues and works with team members to present recommendations for solutions.
- Plan and conduct analysis of various GPS and telematics vendors.
- Request enhancements within existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture.
- Hire, train, motivate, and coach employees.
- Resolve conflicts or complaints from customers and employees.
- Travel to evaluate new site deployment scenarios and visit existing client sites as necessary.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of management experience preferred.
- DevOps experience to manage projects that improve our existing solutions and help with entirely new systems/vendors preferred.
- Ability to analyze processes and information, identify problems and trends, and develop effective solutions and strategies.
- Experience with telematics vendors, Android tablets, server hardware, and sensors
- Commitment to providing exceptional service to customers and support to staff members
- Proficient working within the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Experience working in Jira, Wrike, and Confluence preferred
- Time and project management skills