Required Education and Work Experience
- Experience writing production-quality Java code; experience with Spring and PostgreSQL strongly preferred.
- Ability to complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities.
- Ability to troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge, with the ability to work well with others.
- Critical thinking and advanced problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science strongly preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Gather functional and non-functional requirements for components by identifying and analyzing dependencies and use cases.
- Produce design documents for components.
- Implement and build backend components according to the approved design documents.
- Write clean, testable, readable, and maintainable backend code that scales and performs.
- Work to improve the ease and automation of deployment.
- Support users and other team members by producing detailed documentation.
- Update job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products and identifying new trends in the industry.
EDULOG is a world leader in Student Transportation Systems and we are growing! We have a passion for technology, customer commitment, and innovation. We are currently seeking software developers to join our team to develop a new product line. The ideal candidate is experienced with developing software engineering programs, delivering within a schedule, and delivering above quality expectations. This is an exciting opportunity to join a mission-critical enterprise-wide development project from the ground up in a collaborative and creative atmosphere where innovative ideas are encouraged and appreciated.