The Director of Operations & Employee Specialist for ATG’s Missoula Solution Center (MSC) is the face of MSC and often the first point of contact for employees, clients, vendors, and the community. The position is a leadership role that is instrumental in developing strong business relationships between ATG’s employees, customers, and the community, including managing the day-to-day operations of the Missoula office. The person in this role contributes significantly to the future and scaling of ATG and Cognizant in Missoula. Additionally, this person is responsible for responding to the needs of people, internal and external, which includes answering inquiries, solving problems, providing support and direction, and ensuring the associates get pertinent information on ATG and Cognizant’s methods, policies and procedures.
Director of Operations, Missoula Solution Center (approximately 60% of the time)
- Coordinate all logistics of the office, including overall maintenance of the working environment, shopping, cleaning, and maintaining all aspects of the office environment.
- Coordination of office activities such as happy hours, retreats, holiday parties, and wellness programs, etc.
- All bills reviewed, processed, submitted, and paid as required.
- Coordination with Strategy Operations on all external and internal visitors, including travel logistics, accommodations, and other conveniences.
- Constantly evaluating improvements to office culture and efficiency. Evaluate, recommend, and develop process improvements to ensure controls and department efficiency.
- Maintain constant contact with the GM of MSC, Missoula Leadership, and Strategy Operations, taking proactive measures to own, delegate, and maintain coordination on all office priorities.
Employee Specialist (approximately 30% of the time)
- Plan, implement and administer new hire orientation and onboarding processes.
- Administer and support employee benefits plans as necessary including healthcare, dental life, disability, FMLA, 401k, Cobra, as well as other health and welfare benefit programs.
- Enter new hires/terminations into all appropriate systems. Processing all Status Change Notifications (SCN) and SFDC contact record updates.
- Administer all employment separation processes in a timely manner. Conduct exit interviews and off-boarding procedures. Report, document, and communicate consultant status to appropriate departments.
- Ensure that associates are informed on ATG and Cognizant’s policies, procedures, and practices, including managing any policy violations.
- Facilitate or mediate employee conflict or insubordination issues.
- Work with management on things like employee performance improvement plans, workplace complaints, and other general people issues.
- Additional HR duties and projects as assigned.
Project Contributor (approximately 10% of the time)
- Contribute to the direction of ATG and Cognizant initiatives and provide ideas necessary for ongoing innovation.
- Provide assistance and execution to other’s projects as necessary.
- At least five (5) years related operations and/or human resources experience preferred, or any combination of experience and education that would provide the competencies required to successfully perform the duties of this position.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- People-person, and motivated to build and inspire large groups of people.
- Be a motivated, self-starter, must be driven, and want to lead initiatives with strong follow-through on task completion.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment with constantly shifting priorities and a high level of ambiguity.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge, education, and understanding of employment policies and practices.
- Strong communications skills in every area: formal, informal, written, verbal, and large group presentations or facilitation.
- Strong grasp of human resources (HR) fundamentals.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and possesses skills in identifying workable solutions.
- Ability to remain calm, cooperative, professional, and positive in all situations.
- Proven strength in exercising sound judgment consistently and predictably.
- Ability to use a high-level of discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Exceptional customer service including problem-solving and follow-up.
- Creative in coming up with solutions to problems as well as fun-new ideas to keep the general work-experience fun.
- Experience working in a busy and dynamic office environment as well as dealing with remote-working arrangements.
- Capable of juggling multiple demands/tasks, prioritizing effectively, and context switching often.
Location and Travel:
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 5%
- Location requirement in Missoula, MT