Working as the Operations Manager is the culmination of fulling the customer’s requirements, coupled with ensuring signal devices are functional and on-site timely. This position is responsible for the dynamic, ongoing coordination with jobs that need additional service work. This kind of additional work might be getting replacement parts for signals that are hit by cars to engaging with the software operations team to fix internet connectivity issues.
Our core focus is on saving lives by providing more efficient traffic work zones. And the way we do that is with responsiveness, dependability, and providing a level of service that gives the customer complete faith in our work and products.
The work of the Operations Manager is the place where the internal and external parts of Superior Traffic Services meet and become the ingenious, reliable, and dependable service product our customers expect from us.
The position of Operations Manager will be responsible for coordinating the service of jobs after they’ve been secured by the sales team. These duties will include:
- Working with Sales and Project Management Staff to solidify signal device needs and configurations in advance of job starts
- Awareness and facilitation of the short-term, mid-term, and long-range planning of traffic control devices; device availability, device types, device locations, and special modifications needed for devices. (Special modifications are unique changes to signal configurations to customize for specific jobs.)
- Reserving devices for jobs along with scheduling transport and deployment of signal equipment
- Coordinating Field Service Technicians on delivery and deployment schedule
- Troubleshooting and correcting on-site performance issues with the functionality of signal equipment on site
- Work directly with the IT Development Operations staff and/or Control Center staff to immediately fix performance and connectivity issues related to software bugs, weather issues, damage/vandalism, and “traffic issues” (when traffic flow and behavior doesn’t materialize as expected).
- Being a point of contact for questions, provides verbal instructions and links to videos about operating signals on site.
- Fielding calls from contractors, the public, and law enforcement about the performance/operation of signals on-site; occasionally in the middle of the night.
- Capable of working in a high-pressure, time-sensitive environment
- Organized and with experience keeping track of multiple projects of various sizes over a large geographic area
- Ability to coordinate between sales, equipment logistics, deployment, and maintenance teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management ability and intuitive sense of advance planning needs
Qualified candidates must:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be capable of working 40+ hours per week
- Have 3 years of previous operations management experience
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation based on skills and experience
- Health benefits
- Retirement plan
Dependability: Service driven, One-team approach, Willingness to help others
Responsiveness: Communication is key, Needs assessment loop, Prompt feedback
Bravery: Fearless pursuit, Authentically you, Positive growth
Ranch Mentality: Owner mentality, Uses available resources, Ingenious
Ingenuity: Outside the box thinker, Insightful participation, Creative solutions
Tenacity: Sticking with it attitude, Persevere through challenges, Drive for future success